Johannesburg Adventures - A list of adventure activities and things to do.
So you thought Joburg was all about work and money? Guess again, Johannesburg adventures are scattered all over the City of Gold. Johannesburg may not offer the scenery that Cape Town or the Garden Route do, but what it lacks in natural beauty, it makes up with variety.
Just because the city lacks an ocean, doesn’t mean that watersports are out of the question while man-made activity centres provide hours of entertainment, without having to worry about the weather conditions. A superb network of highways in the area also makes travelling to and from your next adventure a breeze.
Here are just some of the things you can look forward to on Johannesburg tours:
- Bike tours: From exploring the less populated rural areas or bushveld to exciting city tours, you are able to get up close and personal to the various landscapes in this historic city.
- Canoeing: Sublime canoeing options are available all around Johannesburg with a variety of exciting river routes that suit everyone from beginners to the most advanced paddlers.
- Hot-air ballooning: The Magaliesberg offers some of the best ballooning options in the country. Take a bird’s eye view of some of the most breathtaking scenery in the area before enjoy a champagne breakfast upon landing.
- Quad-biking: Visit a variety of challenging and exciting tracks that will have you kicking up dust and flying through the air in no time.
- Sandboarding: Who said that you need beach dunes for sandboarding? Try your hand at some of Joburg’s most intense boarding options for a truly exhilarating experience.
See the best side of Johannesburg – Outdoor adventures await!