Durban Adventures and Fun Things To Do.
As one of the most popular destinations in South Africa, Durban adventure tours are a must for anyone wanting to enjoy year-round sunshine, beautiful beaches and a vibrant culture. Durban is also a hot-spot for adventurists, with plenty of activities to suit just about every taste – from hardcore thrills such as shark diving and skydiving all the way through to the more sedate pastimes such as hot air balloon trips. Whatever floats your boat, try one of these outstanding adventure tours and get your thrill on!
Durban tours bring you all the fun and adventure of South Africa’s sunshine city. From the endless summery days (even in the middle of winter) to the unique and fascinating culture that blends Zulu and Indian influences almost effortlessly into a distinctly ‘Durbanite’ feel, this city is sure to offer something for everyone. Here are some of the biggest reasons to consider planning an adventure tour in Durban:
- Warm weather throughout the year, from January to December.
- World-class beaches that are ideal for swimming, surfing, water sports, scuba diving and more.
- Delicious cuisine that ranges from the popular bunny chow (half a loaf of bread stuffed with spicy curry) to samoosas and plenty of other dishes.
- Home to uShaka Marine World – one of the country’s largest and most renowned aquariums, boasting shark diving, ocean floor walks, dolphin shows and plenty of other activities and adventure options for marine enthusiasts seeking a unique thrill.
- There are plenty of things to do in Durban, from city tours to rickshaw rides along the beachfront, extreme sports, scuba diving in the warm Indian Ocean or taking in the rich culture of this vibrant city.
- After dark, the city comes alive with a number of entertainment options to enjoy, as well as a range of excellent restaurants, bars and night clubs to try for a taste of the local night life.
- Durban is also a perfect gateway for those wanting to explore the greater KwaZulu-Natal area, where plenty of fantastic adventure experiences can be found – from the spectacular Drakensberg region to the Valley of a 1000 Hills, Umhlanga Coast, Elephant Coast, Natal Midlands and many other destinations – making Durban tours perfect for those wanting to explore the province.