Afriski Mountain Lodge - 4x4 Tours.
The 4x4 routes that start at Afriski in Lesotho offer an irresistible mix of challenging but rewarding driving through astonishing scenery.
You’ll find trails ranging from the benign to the truly invigorating, including dirt and gravel roads, and serious river crossings. This is exactly what you and your vehicle were made for.
Half-day or full day, there are no half measures when it comes to 4x4 driving in the Maluti Mountains.
• Escarpment Easy Green Route
• Mont Aux Sources Route (can be combined with the Escarpment Easy Green Route)
• Towers Route: return from Mont Aux Sources via the Towers Trail
• Chalets in the Sky Route: can be cut short or followed all the way to Mokhotlong.
• Katse Dam via Mapoleng Route: a challenging 8-hour drive
• Letsele Pass Route
• Katse Dam: an excellent opening route with the added incentive of a guided tour of the dam wall and its infrastructure. Follow the dirt road to the dam wall to join the tar
• Koa Mine Road: take the LDMT mine turn off toward Solani Falls Village to find a scenic braai or picnic spot where the road ends.
• Mapopaleng to Katse Dam: relatively easy going for about 75% of the trip, this route provides a real challenge for even more experienced drivers on the final leg. A full-day, 280 km trip, ultimately joining the tar road at Katse Dam to return to Afriski via Lejone.
• Mapoka Campsite Old Road: an excellent half-day trip to the Chalets in the Sky with rewarding river crossings.