Set in the magnificent Oribi Gorge, this pristine reserve offers the day visitor, weekender or holidaymaker a unique opportunity to experience this natural treasure of the South Coast of KwaZulu-Natal. Just 35 minutes inland from Port Shepstone on an impressive 6 000 acres, Lake Eland has a large variety of birds and game, including giraffe, zebra, eland, oribi and warthog.
Zip Line Tour: the longest zip line in Africa at 4.5 km, with 14 slides soaring over 300 m high and crossing the Oribi Gorge. Providing about 1.5 hours of thrilling adventure, the tour is a must for those looking for excitement and thrill.
Suspension bridge: a walk across the breathtaking suspension bridge, with beautiful views of the gorge and Eagle’s Nest is not to be missed. Spanning 80 m across and 130 m high, this attraction provides unsurpassed photographic opportunities, not to mention meeting some individual personal challenges.
Lake Eland has much more to offer:
* Water’s edge, self-catering chalets for couples and families
* Self-drive game and bird viewing; hiking,
* MTB trails along the edge of the gorge
* Lake fishing for bass, barbel and tilapia
* Playground fun for children while adults catch their breath over refreshments in the tea garden
* Bask in the tranquility and peace; explore the curio shop