The DIRTY BOOTS adventure guide is a comprehensive guide to adventure activities in South Africa, Swaziland and Lesotho. It is published annually in a durable and handy DL size. Its 160 pages are printed in full colour with a glossy finish. DIRTY BOOTS is distributed free-of-charge to an extensive network in the local and international travel industry, as well as to adventure enthusiasts.
Representation in Dirty Boots is exclusive to those operators who operate their own activities – no other advertisers are permitted.
TEN EXCELLENT REASONS TO ADVERTISE IN DIRTY BOOTS
1. It is the definitive guide to the best adventures in South Africa.
2. It is an easy-to-use, informative and comprehensive adventure guide.
3. Your message is afforded major distribution to targeted vendors both locally and internationally
4. The advertising rates are competitive.
5. As Dirty Boots is available free-of-charge, it is a popular item.
6. High standards of photography and print are guaranteed.
7. We have over 700 beautiful adventure images for you to use in your ad – free-of-charge!
8. Our staff have industry experience and are hands-on involved with our business.
9. Annual ads on the Dirty Boots website are available for a minimal fee to guide book advertisers.
10. Your services are promoted to the hundreds of travel consultants, conference and teambuilding organizers, website designers and travel directory designers that receive copies of the guide.
EXCITING CHANGES TO THE THIRTEENTH EDITION
• Larger variety of activities in more locations.
• Only full page adverts available
• An even wider distribution of the guide to get your message to as many people as possible.
WHAT MAKES DIRTY BOOTS SPECIAL?
Dirty Boots fills the gap in the South African market for a definitive guide to the best adventures in South Africa. DIRTY BOOTS was the first guide to represent over 100 adventures in South Africa. We now list over 100 activities.
WHEN IS THE GUIDE BE DISTRIBUTED?
The guide is distributed throughout the year of publication.
HOW MANY ADVERTISERS FEATURE IN THE GUIDE?
There are over 1 500 adventure operators operating in South Africa, Swaziland and Lesotho. DIRTY BOOTS features at least 150 advertisers per issue.
HOW DOES PAYMENT WORK?
Accounts must be settled by 28 February of each year. Advertisements not paid for in full will be excluded from print and a cancellation fee will be charged. Payment can be made electronically or by cash deposit.
WHAT IF I OFFER MORE THAN ONE ACTIVITY?
There is an activity-based index at the back of the guide that indicates page numbers. An easier way is to split your advertising into the various activities you offer. A discounted rate is available.
HOW MANY GUIDES WILL BE DISTRIBUTED?
25 000 guides will be distributed throughout the year.
WHAT SIZE PHOTOGRAPH DO I SUPPLY AND IN WHAT FORMAT?
DO YOU INCLUDE THE PRICE OF THE ACTIVITY IN THE ADVERTISEMENT?
No. As people hang on to their copies of Dirty Boots for a few years, we do not include the prices of any activities in the guide. We recommend that you keep your website up-to-date.
MAY I DESIGN MY OWN AD?
No. All advertisements follow a standard layout.
MAY I INCLUDE MY LOGO IN THE ADVERTISEMENT?
No. Dirty Boots is a reference guide, not a magazine. Our design guidelines do not permit the inclusion of logos.
MAY I REQUEST A SPECIFIC PAGE?
No. While every effort is made to ensure visibility for all advertisers, the guide is sequenced alphabetically.
UNDER WHICH REGIONS IS CONTENT LISTED?
There are 11 regions: 9 South African provinces plus Swaziland and Lesotho. Depending on the amount of advertisers per region, these may be divided into sub-regions such as Garden Route etc.
HOW WILL I BE INVOICED?
An invoice will be emailed to you upon acceptance of your booking.
ARE YOU ALLOWING OTHER ORGANISATIONS TO ADVERTISE OTHER THAN ADVENTURE OPERATORS?
Limited space, only on the inside front and inside back covers, is made available to other advertisers. We regret that no accommodation establishments may advertise in the guide.
DO YOU HAVE A WEBSITE?
Yes. Our mobile-friendly website address is http://www.dirtyboots.co.za. Online content is updated regularly. The website currently enjoys attention from 1000 unique visitors a day. We are also on Facebook as Dirty Boots Adventure Guide (dirtybootsguide).
WHO IS BEHIND DIRTY BOOTS AND WHERE IS THE OFFICE?
Johan Radcliffe and Esna Theron own the business. Both have an extensive knowledge of the adventure industry. Johan is an avid adventurer. The office is in Bergvliet, Cape Town.